Forum
Forumoverzicht » International Corner » AFC Ajax - Players & Staff » Who to replace Stekelenburg?
Ga
Zoeken:

Onderwerp: Who to replace Stekelenburg?
Maker: ajax80Bekeken: 4292
+ Nieuw bericht <<<   <   1  |  2  |  3   > + Nieuw onderwerp
Auteur Bericht
YoranAjax

Forum berichten: 1354
Nieuws reacties: 0
Geplaatst: Wo 24 aug 2011 15:13
He does, but I'm talking about the position of right defender as back-up of Aldeweireld.
kladde

Forum berichten: 99
Geplaatst: Wo 24 aug 2011 15:17
There we have Ooijer so with Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Blind and Ooijer we have 4 central defenders. Next to them, we have a couple young guys who will make some minutes during the season. So don't expect any new defenders to arrive. A striker maybe, but we still need to sell one first.
YoranAjax

Geplaatst: Wo 24 aug 2011 17:00
Ooijer is not good enough anymore. He's still there to teach our youngsters, but he has not the level which you need to play for Ajax. We have some great and talented youngsters, but they are almost all left foot. We have Van Rhijn, but he does not have the body and power and with Vertonghen we already have a technical player with a good view.
ajax80

Forum berichten: 103
Geplaatst: Wo 24 aug 2011 19:53
Citaat:
Ooijer is not good enough anymore. He's still there to teach our youngsters, but he has not the level which you need to play for Ajax. We have some great and talented youngsters, but they are almost all left foot. We have Van Rhijn, but he does not have the body and power and with Vertonghen we already have a technical player with a good view.

I completely agree with you!
You surely have noticed it!
I do not understand the philosophy of De Boer, waiting for that first went Stekelenburg, then I saw the game and realized that Vermeer need a decent goalkeeper, and yet, after a bad match with VENLO realized that Blind is not the level of supporting defender.
What more could wait to open his eyes.
PSV is very clever work. Bravo.
kladde

Forum berichten: 99
Geplaatst: Wo 24 aug 2011 22:15
If you think PSV did clever work, why don't they have a descent striker yet and why did they go for Dereijk as an additional defender. He is ok, but not of the level what PSV should aim for. Yes they bought good midfielders and a descent goalie (who does not fit in De Boer's vision) but they needed a striker and a good defender. They have neither yet.

And give vermeer a chance. I agree we need an additional goalie but I prefer that we take our time and get a good one instead of going for a Babos or Gentenaar.

And Blind is not a left back. He has potential as a central defender although he will never be top. So the match of VVV is not the one you should judge him on. De Boer made a mistake there.
YoranAjax

Geplaatst: Vr 26 aug 2011 16:48
Citaat:

I completely agree with you!
You surely have noticed it!
I do not understand the philosophy of De Boer, waiting for that first went Stekelenburg, then I saw the game and realized that Vermeer need a decent goalkeeper, and yet, after a bad match with VENLO realized that Blind is not the level of supporting defender.
What more could wait to open his eyes.
PSV is very clever work. Bravo.
Psv did not clever work. They now have some good players for Eredivisie terms, but they paid way to much for them. 5 miljoen for Wijnaldum, he still had a contract for 1 year. Ajax don't want to pay too much.
Blind is not good enough, we all now, but we have some great youngsters in our youth academy(e.g. Denswil). He is not on the right level yet, but within one or two years he's there to take over the place of Jan Vertonghen. If you now buy another back-up than it's hard for Denswil to conquer a place in the selection. I don't think buying a new left foot central defender is the right option at the moment.
+ Nieuw bericht <<<   <   1  |  2  |  3   > + Nieuw onderwerp
Actieve onderwerpen Wie is er online? Actieve leden
Actieve onderwerpen: 0 Leden online: 0 Actieve leden: 1.887
Berichten: 213.631 Onderwerpen: 2.462 Nieuwste lid: vpdzflq308
Jouw berichten: inloggen | registreren Onderwerpen bekeken: 18.262.747 Forums: 45
= actief onderwerp = inactief onderwerp  
Forumoverzicht » International Corner » AFC Ajax - Players & Staff » Who to replace Stekelenburg?
Ga
Zoeken: